1) build and maintain widespread population support for
political and social solutions.
- Success ultimately requires the popular support and understanding
of a clear majority of all US citizens. Successful Reparations
will require governmental financial and political support. This
will require political support from a majority of all citizens.
Understanding, education, cooperation, and empathy will be necessary.
Popular widespread support can best be accomplished by clearly
pointing out the need and benefits for all citizens of our democracy
to have equal opportunity.
- Two hundred fifty years of slavery, ninety years of Jim
Crow laws, along with many years of separate but equal and racial
red-lining housing policies all worked to effectively create
second class of citizens. You cannot have democracy if you have
second class citizens, as democracy assumes all men having equal
opportunity and protection before the law.
- These are the current FACTS the Reparations Organization
will focus on and address to all US population groups. These
facts will encourage a general admission that our society must
find a better way to move forward to extend equal opportunites
for all of our citizens.
A) Economic and Income disparities.
B) Criminal Incarceration disparities.
2) create a formal acknowledgement of wrong actions to
- A formal acknowledgement and public recognition need not
be about an expression of guilt. People do need to have an understanding
that these past conditions existed and they had, and may continue
to have, a negative impact on black citizens. There is a social
dysfunction in this country and an acknowledgement will help
heal that wound. It will help everybody understand this is one
people and one country. This will encourage a desire to right
these wrongs for current and future generations.
3) focus actions on solutions which benefit current and
- All of American society will benefit from providing an equal
opportunity to all citizens. Many have suffered from past actions
which are no longer in our control. What we can control and
impact is our present and future.
- Inner city K-12 educational opportunities, zero-interest
mortgage loans, guaranteed contracts for black-owned businesses
and more college scholarships should all be considered.
- Successful Reparations should focus on healing and uplifting
entire communities in need. Come and join this effort.